Home > Areas Served – Criminal Defense Help in Northern Kentucky and Ohio > Hamilton County Criminal Defense Lawyer – Ohio > Elmwood Place Criminal Defense Lawyer
Elmwood Place Criminal Defense Lawyer
When you’re being stared down by a police officer in Elmwood Place you might not feel like the law is there to protect you. It’s pretty intimidating to be face to face with an officer who has a gun strapped to his hip. The shining badge now seems like a bright warning. You might be straining to remember how many drinks you’ve had or what the neighbors might have heard. You may not even know if you’ve dine anything wrong, and now you have to brace for the possibility of criminal charges. What kind of punishments will you face? Will your boss find out?
To find the answers to your questions and have the best chance at turning the results in your favor, you’ll want to hire an experienced Elmwood Place criminal defense lawyer right away. Look no further than Brad Groene from im电竞官网. Brad has been working out of the Cincinnati office for years, and he’s helped hundreds of clients with cases that have ranged from minor misdemeanors to felonies. Call (513) 338-1890 to schedule a free and confidential consultation. Stand up for your rights today.
DUI / OVI Offenses in Elmwood Place
Ohio doesn’t take it easy on drunk driving offenders. The state has an implied consent law for equipment to test your blood alcohol content. That means that refusing to take a breathalyzer test can make your charge worse.
A drunk driving charge in Ohio is called an OVI (Operating a Vehicle under the Influence). If your BAC is over .08 percent, you can expect to get this charge. The penalties become more severe with each repeat offense within a 10-year look back period. The consequences tend to be harsher the higher that your BAC is.
- First Offense – The first OVI is punishable by between three days and six months in jail, fines between $250 and $1,000 and a license suspension between six months and three years.
- Second Offense – A second OVI is punishable by 10 days to one year in jail, fines of $350 to $1,500 and a license suspension of one to five years.
- Third Offense – A third OVI is punishable by 30 days to one year in jail, fines between $350 and $1,500 and a license suspension between one and 10 years.
Elmwood Place Alcohol Charges
There are a variety of offenses related to alcohol that you can be charged with in Ohio. The penalties that you can face range with the charge, but it’s likely that you’ll at least have to pay a fine and participate in a rehabilitation program . You could even be looking at jail time. A few examples of what you could be charged with are:
- Selling alcohol to underage persons – This is a first degree misdemeanor that entails up to six months in prison, $1,000 in fines and the possible suspension or revocation of your liquor license.
- Open container – An open container is a minor misdemeanor that carries a $150 fine. If it was in a car, it becomes a fourth-degree misdemeanor, with a fine of $250 and a sentence of up to 90 days in prison.
- Disorderly Conduct while intoxicated – Normally this charge is a minor misdemeanor that carries a $150 fine under certain circumstances, it can be upgraded to a fourth-degree misdemeanor, with a fine of $250 and a sentence of up to 90 days in prison.
Traffic Violations in Elmwood Place
Every day, the police in Ohio pull over hundreds of drivers for a traffic violation. Many of these are for minor infractions, but some are for criminal charges. A common mistake many people make is to simply pay any fines associated with the ticket. Although this can be faster, there are more consequences that accompany a traffic violation than just a fine, including:
- Court fines
- Points on your driver’s license
- Increased car insurance premiums
- Driver’s license suspension
- Loss of your job
- CDL disqualification
- Civil liability
- Jail time
- Criminal record
Why Hire an Elmwood Place Criminal Defense Lawyer?
Being charged with a crime in Ohio is no laughing matter. Often, the consequences can follow you through your life. Your career could be derailed and your reputation damaged by the charge if it winds up on your record. Your relationship with your family might be scarred, and the burden of the fines could be too much for your wallet. An experienced Elmwood Place criminal defense lawyer from im电竞官网 might be able to help you reduce or even reverse the charges. Call now to start building your case.
Live in Hamilton County , but charged somewhere else in Ohio or Northern Kentucky? Call im电竞官网 today to get the best criminal defense representation in the area. We’re located in Cincinnati’s Business District, but we also serve Clermont County, Warren County, Butler County, Kenton County, and many more. Click here for a full list of the areas we service.
Contact Hamilton County Criminal Defense Lawyer Brad Groene
If you are being investigated for criminal charges or are being accused of a crime, call the Elmwood Place criminal defense team of im电竞官网 today at (513) 338-1890 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Elmwood Place criminal defense lawyer Brad Groene is available 24/7 to answer your questions.