Clermont County Common Pleas Court
If you are arrested and charged with a crime in Milford, Loveland, or another area of Clermont County, then your case may be sent to the Clermont County Common Pleas Court. It has general jurisdiction over the civil, criminal, domestic relations, and appellate divisions.
|Judge(s)||Jerry McBride, Victor Haddad, Richard Ferenc, and Anthony Brock.|
Clermont County Common Pleas Court handles all felony indictments handed down by a grand jury. If you are charged with a misdemeanor offense, your case may go to the Clermont County Municipal Court.
Court Process Information
In either felony or misdemeanor cases, an experienced Clermont County criminal defense lawyer from im电竞官网 can help. We are here to guide you through the local criminal court process , protect your rights, and fight for the best possible outcome in your case.
The Clermont County Common Pleas Court
The current judges for the Common Pleas Court are Jerry McBride, Victor Haddad, Richard Ferenc, and Anthony Brock. Each judge has published their judicial preferences, which may encompass calendaring, continuances, motion practice, settlements, pretrial matters, discovery procedures and timelines, trial procedures, and courtroom etiquette.
Our Clermont County criminal defense lawyers at im电竞官网 have handled many criminal matters in Clermont County courtrooms. We are familiar with each judge’s procedural and cultural preferences in their courtrooms, which gives us a heads up compared to defense attorneys from out of town. We know each judge’s likes and dislikes, which helps us specifically prepare for your case.
The Clermont County Common Pleas Court Criminal Process
In Clermont County, prosecutors do not file felony charges against you. Instead, they convene a grand jury of county residents who will listen to the evidence. If the jury determines there is enough evidence to establish probable cause, then it will issue an indictment against you. An indictment is a document that contains the charges against you.
Once an indictment is handed down, you will either receive a summons to court or there will be a warrant issued for your arrest. With an arrest warrant, you may be arrested or turn yourself in. You should work with a Clermont County criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible when you are facing criminal charges. A lawyer can advise you on entering a not guilty plea and trying to obtain minimal requirements for your release, which may include a bail bond.
After your arraignment, one of our experienced criminal defense lawyers can represent you during the pre-trial process, including a pretrial hearing, motions, and discovery. We will independently investigate your case, analyze the evidence, and determine the strongest possible defenses in your case. During or immediately following the discovery process, we may participate in plea negotiations with the prosecution. If you choose not to accept a plea, then we will prepare for trial.
Prepare for Your Court Appearance
At im电竞官网, we have helped many people appear and defend themselves in court. Here are a few tips for preparing to go to court in Clermont County:
- Plan your trip : You should know where the courthouse is, which courtroom your case is assigned to, how you will get to the courthouse, and how early you need to leave. If you do not own a vehicle, be sure you have transportation lined up for your hearing.
- Get there early : You should plan to arrive at the court at least 30 minutes before your hearing time.
- Dress well : When you must appear in court, you should consider what to wear. Court is not a casual place. You do not need to go out and purchase new clothing, however, do your best to wear business casual clothing. Your outfit may be something you would wear to a job interview.
- Leave any firearms or weapons at home : You can get into considerable trouble for bringing weapons into a courthouse. Leave any knives, guns, mace, pepper spray, or other weapons at home.
- Speak with a lawyer beforehand : We firmly believe that everyone facing criminal charges should be represented by an experienced lawyer. The best way to be prepared for any hearing or court appearance is to work with a Clermont County criminal defense lawyer.
Facing Felony Charges in Clermont County? Contact im电竞官网 Today
If you have been charged with a felony offense in Clermont County, do not hesitate to ask for help. The consequences of a felony conviction can be signification, including imprisonment, fines, loss of driving privileges, loss of your right to own firearms, and more.
Our skilled Cincinnati criminal defense lawyers at im电竞官网, including Brad Groene , are experienced with the rules and processes in Clermont County’s Common Pleas Court. We know the ins and the outs of this courthouse, which we will use to ensure your case goes as smoothly as possible.
Most importantly, do not miss your court date. If you have a summons for a hearing, you need to show up, whether you have hired an attorney yet or not. If you fail to go to court, the judge can issue a bench warrant for your arrest. This gives the police the right to come and arrest you, and you may face additional criminal charges.